Authorities of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), School of Postgraduate Studies, invite applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes offered by the institution for the 2019/2020 academic session on full-time and Part-Time basis.
UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes.
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A., LL.M, etc)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MILD, MILR, MPH, MDSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHDM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
UNILAG Postgraduate Admission – General Requirements.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
3. A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
4. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS for M.Phil and Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Latest posts by Studentnaira (see all)
- How Much is Jamb Registration Form 2020/2021? See price here - August 16, 2019
- Cheapest Universities In Ghana (2019) Revealed. - August 15, 2019
- Maintenance [Definition, Types, Forms and Terms] In Engineering - August 6, 2019