- How to pass waec by all means
- Steps to get attestation of result-WAEC
- Official JAMB cutoff mark for all universities and polytechnics
- LASU Pre-Degree Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session Out
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) JUPEB Admission Form 2019/2020 Academic Session.
How Percentage Is Calculated
For Waec Theory Questions
- The total marks you are sure of here is 15 times 4 = 60
- Total number of marks you can get is 20 times 5 = 100
- Your percentage score is (60÷100)×100% = 60% = C4
Old WAEC Marking scheme/grading system
In case you did not know, there was another WAEC grading system that had been in use since 1992. This is what it used to look like:
- If you got 39% or less on your exams, your mark would have been F9, which meant that you failed.
- 40-44% gave you E8, and 45-49% gave you D7, which were both passing grades.
- 50-54% gave you C6, 55-59% gave you C5, and 60-64% gave you C4. Each of these grades meant that you earned Credit.
- 65-69% gave you B3, which was Good.
- 70-79% gave you B2, which was Very Good.
- If you managed to score 80-100% on your exams, you would have received A1, which (for some reason) was called Congratulations.
As you can see, the new system is slightly more lax in terms of giving out A1 grades. At 75%, you can get the Excellent grade, whereas before it had to be at least 80%
Is there anything you would like to know? Feel free to let me know how you feel via the comment box so as to let you know more, and don’t fail to share this with your friends on social media.
Read Also: Waec syllabus and hot topics
According to Flashacademy Nigeria
Latest posts by Studentnaira (see all)
- How Much is Jamb Registration Form 2020/2021? See price here - August 16, 2019
- Cheapest Universities In Ghana (2019) Revealed. - August 15, 2019
- Maintenance [Definition, Types, Forms and Terms] In Engineering - August 6, 2019