WAEC Marking Scheme For physics in 2020 + Practicals
The main purpose of this article is showing you the latest WAEC marking for physics in 2020 + Practicals.
This article will be including live examples of the questions and how the answers should look like. This has been proved working by many students and am sure of it working for you as well.
The truth is every WAEC examinations are marked according to the marking scheme provided by the council. This post is provided to reveal and guide us of this marking scheme and prevent us from making the mistakes Nigerian most students do.
you might also want to read the article I wrote about the general grading system in waec here
WAEC Physics Marking Scheme and Sample Questions . There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
WAEC MARKING SCHEME FOR PHYSICS IN 2020+PRACTICALS
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple choice questions lasting 1¼ hours and carrying 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of two sections, Sections A and B lasting1½ hours and carrying 60 marks.
Section A – Will comprise seven short-structured questions. Candidates will be required to answer any five questions for a total of 15 marks. Section B – Will comprise five essay questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any three for 45 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical test for school candidates or an alternative to practical work paper for private candidates. Each version of the paper will comprise three questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any two in 2¾ hours for 50 marks.
WAEC MARKING SCHEME FOR PHYSICS IN 2020+PRACTICALS(SAMPLE QUESTIONS)
- To rectify a current simply means to
- increase the magnitude of the current. B. measure the current using an ammeter. C. convert the current from a.c to d.c.
- connect more resistors in series in a circuit.
- Which of the following statements is correct about laser light?
- A. It converges at all times. B. It diverges at all times.
- C. It converges and diverges at different intervals. D. It neither diverges nor converges.
The truth table above represents a two input X, Y and a Z output device(s). The device(s) is
- A. AND gat B. NAND gate. C. OR gate.
- D. AND gate + inverter.
- The dimensions of pressure is
- A. ML-1T-2
- B. ML T-2
- C. ML3 T-2
- D. ML-1T-
- The recoil of a gun after it has been shot is a demonstration of
- A. the principle of conservation of energy. B. Newton’s second law of moti
- C. the principle of conservation of matter.
- D. Newton’s third law of motion
Two standard resistors of magnitudes 10 and 5 are connected in series to a series arrangement of secondary cells. If the current through the 10 resistor is 5A, the current through the 5 resistor is
- A. 5 A
- B. 0 A C. 7.5 A D. 10.0 A.
SECTION A (Short Structures)
- (a) How does an active satellite differ from a passive satellite?
SECTION B (Essay)
- (a) Define a photoelectron. [ 2 marks ] (b) The equation below represents a radioactive decay
(i) What are the values of x and p? [2 marks
(ii) State the conservation principles used in deriving the values of x and p. [2 marks
(c) (i) What is meant by the half life of a radioactive substance?
(ii) A radioactive substance has a half-life of 3.8 days.
Calculate its decay constant. [5 marks]
(d) State one function of each of the following materials utilized by an operating nuclear reactor:
(i) Boron rods, (ii) U235,
(iii) Graphite moderators [3 marks]
Do not forget to share this waec marking scheme for physics in 2020+practicals with your family and friends on facebook,whatsapp and other social media as someone will also need to know this.
Latest posts by Studentnaira (see all)
- How Much is Jamb Registration Form 2020/2021? See price here - August 16, 2019
- Cheapest Universities In Ghana (2019) Revealed. - August 15, 2019
- Maintenance [Definition, Types, Forms and Terms] In Engineering - August 6, 2019